How to cook my brats?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey all,

I got some brats from wildforks but don't feel like firing up the grill. I got an airfryer, a broiler, ci skillet how should I cook em. Gonna put em on ballpark tailgater rolls like hot dogs split in half.

Reactions: JLeonard
I like beer braised brats. I'll brown the brats in the skillet with some butter. Remove the brats and add onions and saute for a couple of minutes. Put the brats back in with some Lagunitas Imperial stout, maybe a cup at most, cook down until the liquid is almost gone...

When I don't feel like firing up the grill, I'll throw them in a cast iron with a little water and oil. the water will steam them until it evaporates, and then the oil will brown them up nicely.

I made some brats yesterday morning for last night’s supper. I poached them in water (you can use liquid of your choice) at 170F until IT was over 150F then into a skillet with butter and browned them up, not trying to cook farther just brown up the outside for flavor. They were delicious.

When I don't feel like firing up the grill, I'll throw them in a cast iron with a little water and oil. the water will steam them until it evaporates, and then the oil will brown them up nicely.

Method depends on the brat type to me but the standard german method is my default is this^. Smoked brats like knockers do well in the oven baked in kraut. In fact, often times I prefer to use kielbasa instead.

Reactions: kawboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky