How to Clean an Anova Sous Vide?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Yuyusu

Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
As with any kitchen appliance i am using anova sous vide now it need to be cleaned so how to clean my anova sous

50/50 mix of water and white vinegar. Set it to 120F and let it run for awhile. Rinse, then run in some clean water. This will also de-scale it if you have hard water.

edit: Do this on the porch if you don't like the smell of vinegar :)

I’d assume this only needs done a couple times a year depending on water quality? I’ve never done mine.

I’d assume this only needs done a couple times a year depending on water quality? I’ve never done mine.
Yes, that's right. I've only done mine twice, once because it was looking a little crusty and once after finishing some sausage (just because). You don't need a 50/50 mix. A cup of vinegar in a pot of water is plenty....

Reactions: bauchjw and jcam222
I use a qt size glass mug vinegar and water 10 min. 120° is fine.
20190614_105449.jpg

LOL your supposed to clean it??? I been using mine for almost 10 years and never cleaned it. I just pull it out of the water and let it dry after I use it. Hell its still sitting int he pot with water from yesterday right now while I decide if im going to use it again tonight.

Reactions: JLeonard
It's about water quality and hours spent in the water . I do more long cooks so I do mine every 3rd cook our so . This was the first time I looked .
1672836385014.jpeg
1672836413137.jpeg
Cleaned up nice . Doing this every 3rd or 4th time keeps it in good shape .
1672836432781.jpeg

They make citric acid tablets to clean a dishwasher. Or yes just run a cycle with vinegar. Better living through science and chemistry of you believe such things

Ok , sounds good . I use it with water to clean my 1980's Revere ware pots and pans .
Makes the inside like new .
Thanks !

You vinegar users could add some food coloring and boil and color your Easter eggs all at once!

J/K … FWIW, I always fill the hot tub off my RO unit/faucet (downstream of my softener) so have never had to do it.

It's about water quality and hours spent in the water . I do more long cooks so I do mine every 3rd cook our so . This was the first time I looked .
View attachment 653440
View attachment 653441
Cleaned up nice . Doing this every 3rd or 4th time keeps it in good shape .
View attachment 653442
Yours looks like that after 3 cooks? Man your water must be horrible! And what do you consider long cooks? I use mine from 3 - 30 hours pretty regular. I would have to pull it apart but it was pretty clean last time I looked. That said even thou we are way south we are on st.louis city water and the TDS out of the tap is very low. Like 50ish, vs our old house which was city treated well water that was 380ish tds.

Yours looks like that after 3 cooks? Man your water must be horrible! And what do you consider long cooks? I use mine from 3 - 30 hours pretty regular. I would have to pull it apart but it was pretty clean last time I looked. That said even thou we are way south we are on st.louis city water and the TDS out of the tap is very low. Like 50ish, vs our old house which was city treated well water that was 380ish tds.
My city water is 385+ ppm TDS 7.45 PH. I do like to drink it after filtering first but doesn't much affect TDS.

It never crossed my thick brain to clean the Joule. Vinegar has been put on the shopping list and I’ll be making this a routine as we have pretty hard water. Thanks for posting this question.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky