how to change from multiple quotes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2020
At the Shore
I did a multi quote, now when I try and quote, it says multi quotes. How do I change to just a single quote. Don't need to send them everywhere thanks I am still learning about all the different uses on this forum and a lot of great people here too.

I think it might say that , but if you have a quote you don't want to use , click on the reply field, and quotes, then choose remove on the ones you don't want .

I did a multi quote, now when I try and quote, it says multi quotes. How do I change to just a single quote. Don't need to send them everywhere thanks I am still learning about all the different us
I think it might say that , but if you have a quote you don't want to use , click on the reply field, and quotes, then choose remove on the ones you don't want .
got it thanks Quote is when you want to add what someone has posted to your reply, makes sense,

You can just hit reply vs quote to respond to one person. A box with the first portion of thei post is quoted then your msg before or after their's. You can highlight just a portion of their post and select reply for that highlighted area to automatically add on your post to bring attention to what you're talking about.

If you just want to quote part of what someone said , mouse over the area . Left click and highlight what you want . A window will drop down ( if done right ) with a quote tab . Click that . Then you can insert that in your reply .
Like this from your first post above .

I did a multi quote,

I am still learning about

this forum

Ooops , guilty of not reading . DrK mentioned that already .

If you just want to quote part of what someone said , mouse over the area . Left click and highlight what you want . A window will drop down ( if done right ) with a quote tab . Click that . Then you can insert that in your reply .
Like this from your first post above .

Cool,
I'll have to try that.
All I ever did was quote the whole post. Then delete what I don't want, leaving what I want in the Quote area.

Bear

Thanks everyone who taught me the right way. I am an old dog who will try before I ask lol but to me that's how I learn.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky