How much to Smoke - Cold Smoker Attachment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bvanscoy678

Original poster
Jul 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

I bought the cold smoker attachment for the MES and was curious on how much smoke I should add? Using the chips before, they would burn out so fast and so little amount, I was not worried about adding too much smoke. But with the cold smoke add-on, it really produces a ton of smoke, so worried about too much.

Thanks for any tips!

Brent

I use the cold smoker attachment with my MES, and am happy with the results.
Two pieces of advice:

1) Do not connect the attachment directly to the smoker. Instead get yourself three vent ducts.
Use two of them to offset the attachment from the smoker by 6feet.
Use the third one on top of the MES as a smoke stack.

2) Do not keep the attachment turned on during the duration of the cook. Instead, turn it off as soon as you see smoke coming out of the MES. It’ll keep smoking for a long time. You may need to push the wood chips down sometimes. I use a bbq fork for that.

good luck and happy smoking

I use the cold smoker attachment with my MES, and am happy with the results.
Two pieces of advice:

1) Do not connect the attachment directly to the smoker. Instead get yourself three vent ducts.
Use two of them to offset the attachment from the smoker by 6feet.
Use the third one on top of the MES as a smoke stack.

2) Do not keep the attachment turned on during the duration of the cook. Instead, turn it off as soon as you see smoke coming out of the MES. It’ll keep smoking for a long time. You may need to push the wood chips down sometimes. I use a bbq fork for that.

good luck and happy smoking

Hey,

I assume the 3rd vent on top of the MES just sits on top?

That's great advice for turning off the attachment. I was worried if I kept it on the whole time, it would add way to much smoke.

Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky