How much smoke??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tonio

Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Was thinking about getting the Masterbuilt electric smoker. But I'm curious; How much smoke does one of the electric smokers produce in general? I have a pretty large hood in my restaurant. Would the smoker produce such a large amount of smoke that my place would still get smokey, or is the smoke minimal in such a unit as this?

And yes, I know it would be best to get a bigger one for a restaurant but I'm just going to do a few things with it. Also, I checked with my city ordinance, it's allowed.

Was also thinking if there was a manufacturer that made a unit with "one" chimney type vent I could possibly hose it up into my ventilation hood.

Thanks
smile.gif

Tonio...I think you will probably be fine with the hood ,but if not ,it would be very easy to install a dryer type hose set-up to help guide the smoke where you want it to go , my .02 worth.

I would definitely vent your smoke outside ... if anything should go wrong with your hood (power failure or other) You could have a real problem.
My .02 cents worth!
Good luck!
icon_smile.gif

I think it should be fine.
It shouldn't cause any more smoke than 2 or 3 burgers on the charbroiler.
I've had more smoke in a kitchen doing burgs and/or steaks.
The hood should handle it.

Chef Brian
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky