How long does it take you to.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

got14u

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2008
WYOMING
How long does it take you guys to smoke a kielbasa style sausage? Mine yesterday about broke me. I started around 10 in the moning and finished up at about 2am. I had steady temps at 140ish for 3 hours with smoke then cranked it to 165ish till done. Man it sure seams like it took WAY to long. I was also doing summer sausage as well. Just curious what your times are like...
icon_question.gif

Never done either but I cant believe your thermometers are correct. Laws of physics cant be wrong, there is something else to blame.

That seems about right to me, especially with the summer sausage which would take much longer than the polish. It's those last 10 degrees that take the longest. I cut my time in half by steaming the sausage once their internal temp reaches 142-145. Once I apply steam, they are usually done in 20-30 minutes. I have a burner inside my smoker for the sawdust, once temps are reached I take off the sawdust and put on a pot of boiling water and steam them till 152-155.

Dave

I was useing a water pan with my last batch..Thanks for all the in put.

I smoked venison kielbasa last month, it took about 14-16 hours, not sure exactly how long it was but it was a late night.

Did some polish in the oven yesterday, took about 8 hours at 170, brushed some hickory liquid smoke on them before I put them in and put a pot of water in the bottom, they turned out awesome, really nice red color and great smell and taste, everyone that tried them thought they were smoked, never had a clue I did them in the oven :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky