How do you smoke cheese ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi all, quite new to smoking cheese, started with mild cheese in apple but found it rather mild. So did some experimenting and
found I preferred smoking mature cheddar in whiskey oak or cherry that gives a stronger smoke and leave in the fridge for 2 weeks
any recommendations for a stronger smoke ? Thanks.
I smoke cheese a couple different ways. The key is to keep the temperature in the smoker under 100F to keep the cheese from melting. For light smoking, I simply light a smoke tube full of pellets and seal it in the smoker with the cheese, without lighting the smoker itself. For heavier smoke, I have devised a smoke pipe, which is a metal dryer hose attached to the top vent of my Cookshack with the other end attached to a cardboard box which contains my cheese assortment. The smoke travels through the tube into the cardboard box without conducting any appreciable heat, so I can fire and forget with no fear of melting the cheese.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky