How do you salvage a cooked shrimp screwup?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redclaymud

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
Barnardsville, NC
I had planned to smoke shrimp today.  Had my brine all prepared and pulled the shrimp out of the freezer only to find they were pre-cooked.  I know.  Not much can be done with pre-cooked shrimp.  I was eyeballing the uncooked package and saw a package with larger shrimp on sale right next to it.  Stupid as stupid is, I didn't read the new label.

What's the best I can do?  Maybe a killer shrimp dipping sauce?  The game starts in two hours.  I'm open to suggestions.

Stick them in the smoker to warm them up they won't take on much smoke but better than none or make some cocktail sauce and have lots of shrimp cocktail. Maybe a quick shrimp scampi

Shrimp salad sandwiches sounds pretty good

First plan after rinsing off the brine was to soak them in olive oil, add rub and let them marinate in the fridge while I started the smoker.  Then I was going to place them in a tray with a stick of melted Blue Bonnet and arrange them tightly, heads overlaping tails since I had so many.  I figured a good hour at 90 degrees and then another hour at 180 with a good apple smoke the entire way..  With shrimp you have to watch they don't overcook.  Figured they would be done by halftime.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky