How Did You Hear About The UK Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokewood

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Peak District
How did you hear about the UK forum, was it a personal recommendation, a link from somewhere else or a Google search.  If you could all give us your input it would be appreciated.

Was on a different forum which was a bit unfriendly and the Angel that is Wade showed me the light!
thumb1.gif

I think it was either from searching for British butchers that sold American cuts of meat or for what the equivalent British cuts were called.

I was browsing another FB forum in June and saw post by a certain Mr Resurrected (under an alias) who mentioned the site. I'd seen the main site and the FB page before but was unaware of the UK group. 

Reactions: resurrected
I was chatting in a different forum but they could not help with cold smoking advice. I found SMF through a Google search and found that it covered both hot and cold smoking.

Howdy from Texas!

Found your group accidentally when I tried to respond to a post made by one of you that I saw in New Posts. I was told I must join to participate - and being the anglophile that I am - I hesitated not at all and jumped right in.

Howdy from Texas!

Found your group accidentally when I tried to respond to a post made by one of you that I saw in New Posts. I was told I must join to participate - and being the anglophile that I am - I hesitated not at all and jumped right in.
Excellent, the more people participating from across the pond the better, Thanks 
welcome1.gif

I found it  accidentally by replying to a post in the main forum.  I then stumbled  across the UK forum and decided to join.

Like many others purely by accident - been watching some Pit Boys Videos and tried to then search for some recipes and somehow ended up here - think I started before the UK Forum was there but maybe wrong - think Danny and Wade were the first UK based people who chipped in

I know I don't post so much now as I have learnt so much and have taken my cooking to another level but loads more to find out so "lurk" in the background !

Hello Mark!  Long time no speak.  Glad to have you back.  To set the record straight, the Group started 06-11-02013.  You joined 09-11-2013.  Wade joined 15-11-2013.  Not counting Jeff you were member number 3.  I was afraid at the time 3 may be all we get.  Not that ANY of that matters; I just thought I would let you know.  We have moved on from there.  I gotta admit, the way you were trying to use that pizza oven; I thought you were "bonkers"!  BUT! you have proved me wrong!  Turning out some FINE looking food.  Get back on here and share the new skills buddy.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

I only use rolled brisket for Pastrami and salt beef

Bye the way welcome Mr Monday!
icon_smile.gif

I only use rolled brisket for Pastrami and salt beef

Bye the way welcome Mr Monday!
icon_smile.gif
Hi Smokey, it's been too long, drop by now again and let us know you are still smoking!

Hi Armin!  Long time no speak.  How is life treating you in London?  Keep us informed of your escapades and smokes Buddy.  Keep Smokin!

Danny
Thanks all, apologies for my lack pf participation of late. Back now.....

I am so rubbish at remembering to photograph my food - it is the one thing I am looking forward to when my girls become teenagers: they will be my food photographers :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky