How about a good smoked porkchop recipe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
I was looking through the pork forum and didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really find anything other than cook them til their done! Thereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s got to be more to it than that, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not looking for a fried or baked chop, but what I see in the butcher shop…kinda hammy looking (pink). Any tips guys?

He Smoke,

I think to get that pink look your probably going to have to use somethin like insta cure. If you want to do something a little different I have a recipe for stuffed pork chops you may like.

Smoked Stuffed Pork Chops

4 1" or thicker center cut pork chops
1# lump crab meat or 2 cans white meat crab
1 C Cornbread stuffing or bread crumbs
2 tsp Tony Chachere seasoning
½ tsp salt
½ tsp Black pepper
4 TBSP melted butter
½ C chopped green onion
1/4 C minced garlic
1/4 C minced bell pepper
1/4 C chopped parsley
1 TBSP minced garlic
1/4 C chicken broth
1 egg beaten
1 TBSP louisiana hot sauce

Butterfly pork chops.

Saute all vegetables until done in the butter.
Mix all ingredients together until blended and a workable consistency. Season chops inside and out with your favorite seasoning and stuff with mixture. Let rest overnight covered in the ref. Smoke at 225 until done. Recipe also works well to stuff boneless chicken breasts or shrimp.

LOL :oops:

Sorry Smoke, I forgot the most important ingredient. 1 # lump crab meat, or 2 cans of white meat crab. Sorry, other than that it really is just cornbread stuffing. I am going to edit the post above. :roll:

Funny you should mention that. The original recipe called for old bay instead of Tony's and Ritz crackers instead of cornbread. I ain't no fan of old bay and I like cornbread, soooo :D

It makes perfectly good sense to me, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m just so used to Old Bay in my Maryland crabcakes, But no problem, I have JCâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s seasoning. Is his cajun and creole seasoning the same thing? I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t find his cajun.

Cajun/creole = same thing. I think it really says creole seasoning on the can I just have always called it cajun seasoning. Is this about the same as your crab cake recipe? My oldest son loves stuffed crab & I haven't ever got it quite right. :roll: Maybe the Old Bay is the secret. :idea:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky