House Flies?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
I got the fruit flies under control.

Next is the house fly.

Any ideas on making your own spray for killing them?

I thought someone suggested mixing soap or something.

I hate using that chemical crap.

Thanks.
Ron

I have an electric fly swatter. Its pretty cool!!! I just hold it out in front of the fly and when he hits it he explodes in mid air. Its a great invention!!

The wife threatened to zap me with one of those one time. I told her if she did, she would be receiving a very rude awakening in the wee hours of the morning with it!

LOL!! Thats funny. When my wife brought ours home we wanted to test it out but didnt have any flies available. So she dared me to stick my tongue on it. Like an idiot I did. It hurt something fierce, but my wife and daughter sure thought it was funny. Never try that!!

there real bad this time of the year-rainy season and horses-I hang fly traps u fill part way with water-somthing in there sure makes a stench-hang them around the front-back area-away from house-don't get rid of all them but sure helps out. I pretty old fasion so have a few 50 ct. fly swatters around.

Some funny comments here,.
icon_smile.gif

I called this guy, he writes a weekly column on all bugs, rodents, ETC.

http://askthebugman.com/

He said in a spray bottle 40% alcohol, 40%water, and 20% dish soap, said that what he uses for his home. BUT you have to actually hit the fly on contact.

I just got my first couple.

Hope this helps you all.
Ron

A little thing I picked up, to keep them away from the food area. Take a zip lock bag add some water, get several new pennies, place them in the bag and hang it above the food.

Supposedly it represents eyes of a bigger bug to them.

When I have this problem, this is not bad this year ,so far, I take a couple plastic mayo jars, put 1/4 water and a piece of meat that will rotten and smell. punch a small hole in top of lid(big enough for the fly to enter) and hang in tree, deck etc. Flies will go in but can't get out.

When I have this problem, this is not bad this year ,so far, I take a couple plastic mayo jars, put 1/4 water and a piece of meat that will rotten and smell. punch a small hole in top of lid(big enough for the fly to enter) and hang in tree, deck etc. Flies will go in but can't get out.

Very interesting dear Watson...so there still some hanging around the smoker? It seems as tho...you can kill as many as you can...and more show up! :yahoo: :help:

Not to be argumentative?  But it really isn't too funny?

Due to our drought?  I think?  We don't have as many flies this year.  I live in a small town in a huge ag area, and flies are normally common this time of year. In dry years with less flies?  Less food being produced.

I always said that my neighbors love it when I smoke because I draw every fly in the dang county! 
biggrin.gif

Them thar flies can smell food miles away.

At least that's my story?

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky