Hot smoked pork belly and canadian bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ahakohda

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
It was long 10 days…..and today we are enjoying this nectar of Gods.

Berkshire pork belly was wet cured for 10 days and smoked today at 180F using apple pellets.
It is resting on stove top for now. But we were impatient and one square is almost gone now.

Later on I will vacuum seal these and into freezer.
Should last us for 2-3 weeks. I hope
82F41706-A247-4182-88EF-032AF9759B1C.jpeg

Props to AS300 smoker. Another set it and forget it session.

Decided not to clog the forum and posting these beauties here. They were ready a little later. Same method of curing and smoking.
Canadian bacon
45C5D8F8-D416-4797-A93C-D09CDFD9AA97.jpeg

Last edited:
It was long 10 days…..and today we are enjoying this nectar of Gods.

Berkshire pork belly was wet cured for 10 days and smoked today at 180F using apple pellets.
It is resting on stove top for now. But we were impatient and one square is almost gone now.

Later on I will vacuum seal these and into freezer.
Should last us for 2-3 weeks. I hope
View attachment 512869
Props to AS300 smoker. Another set it and forget it session.
Man that looks amazing!!! If you smoked to an internal temp of 145F or so then you discovered how eating that stuff out of the smoker or slice and eat it is AMAZING. This is why I do my bacon to 145F IT.

99% of my bacon gets eaten right out of the pack once defrosted, it rarely hits a skillet hahaha. I tell people it's "bacon cold cuts" and they go nuts over it!

Great job!

Looks Great Ahakohda!!!
Like tallbm tallbm said, 145° is safe to eat. The highest I ever took Canadian Bacon to was 160°, and it was a little dry.
I'm assuming you mean you used a smoker Temp of 180°, and you didn't take your Bacon to 180° IT.
It looks Mighty Tasty!!

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky