Hot link 101. Grinders stuffers casings recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

viper

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Rookie here looking to do some hot links by request from the family.  Have never done any and did not find any bare bones basic descriptions on this.  Just wanting to start from the beginning.  Do guy usually start with uncooked shoulder for this?  What is the best casing for smoking?  Is there really any difference in a "hot link" and "sausage"? 

I have found a few recipes here but I guess I will have to play with this a bit.  Do you just push the internal temp up to 160-170 and call it good?  They looks somewhat easy but might be labor intensive, not sure...

I just made some and am working on a post that should be up in a little bit.

They are done like sausages.  I used natural pork casings just like I do for sausages.

PM me if you need more help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky