Hot Italian venison sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tony111

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
W.C. OHIO
20200202_100510.jpg
Useing up some of last season's venison and pork from the freezer
20200202_103740.jpg
grinding 2 lbs venison, 2lbs pork and 1 lb. Pork back fat through a 1/8 plate
20200202_120714.jpg
used the jerky cannon to stuff 32mm casings since I was only doing 5 lbs
20200203_102715.jpg
after over night rest in the frig first hour in the smoker at 120. Bumped up to 140 and raised 10 degrees an hour after that to finish at 155 internal
20200203_112327.jpg
10 min ice water bath and an hour of blooming. These turned out great and will be doing more of these. Thanks for looking.

Those look great! How hot are they? Would most folks say they are spicy but fine? Or would u have to like a pretty hot sausage to like them?

That big stainless work table of yours looks mighty useful!

Those sausages look great Tony! Looks like a good amount of flavor and heat. I like it!

Oberst I think the heat is just right, however the Mrs. thinks they are a little to hot.

Warren that is the exact way I eat them

Thanks everyone for the likes

Those look great! I've actually been wondering how a smoked and cured hot Italian would be. My husband loves regular hot Italians but I really like the texture of a cured and smoked sausage. Definitely going to try something like this!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky