Honey Sriracha Ribs for me Soya Ribs for The Boss

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Honey Sriracha Ribs for me Soya Ribs for The Boss

Well I cut them almost in half , little end for Mona, big section for ME, lol. Well I am cooking

Found this new to me Honey Sriracha and it says 4 pepper hot , so brought a couple bottles home , has some heat , and not any more than a good jalapeno hot

Rubbed them down with Jeff's Original. on both sides and let them sit for half hour. So on the Q with some Hickory pellets for some smoke,

Did these around 285 , Wrapped them for 45 minutes near the end, with their sauces as Monas looked a little dry , but really was not , nice and limp when I picked them up, but foiled anyway for a bit, finished in about little more than 2 1/2 hours.
Last half hour mine received a couple coats of the Honey and Mona's received Just Soya Sauce, because that is what she loves and mine would have been too hot for her.

DSC_7362.JPG DSC_7363.JPG
DSC_7364.JPG

DSC_7365.JPG

DSC_7367.JPG

DSC_7368.JPG

DSC_7369.JPG

On to a plate with some beans and red onions, and my B+B pickles tomato and cukes

These were very good and not as hot as I thought but very good, also stole one of Mona's ( quality control ) I found hers a little too salty for me , she said it was good

DSC_7372.JPG

DSC_7373.JPG

These were not fall off the bone , just a great bite and very tender

DSC_7374.JPG

as you can see my tooth even nicked the bone

This was a great meal and love the sauce
Thanks for getting to the end

David

Beautiful ribs David!! The color on those things is off the charts buddy. fortunately Tracy and I both like ribs the same way so no need to divide and conquer...but nice that you do that for Mona. Kudos.

This shot is a rib TD entry pic that you no longer get to use :emoji_laughing: I do have a feeling that you've got something really over the top in mind though.
Robert

Beautiful ribs David!! The color on those things is off the charts buddy. fortunately Tracy and I both like ribs the same way so no need to divide and conquer...but nice that you do that for Mona. Kudos.

This shot is a rib TD entry pic that you no longer get to use :emoji_laughing: I do have a feeling that you've got something really over the top in mind though.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Thank you Robert for the kind words , and I do what I do for my best friend. If she wants them one way that is what she will get :emoji_sunglasses:

And as for the TD, yes looking into curing 24 racks of chicken ribs for a nice sandwich, lol

This was a great meal, and we love some ribs around here.

David

Gorgeous ribs. Debating do the rib TD. But, if this is an example of the competition I may need to rethink that!!! I might can maybe get a participation trophy!

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

It was a great meal and both styles of the ribs were very nice.

Don't worry about the TD. I have seen your cooks and we should be just as worried about what you enter :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_thumbsup: , same as everyone else's entries.

David

Great looking ribs, David!! I'd be all over those honey sriracha ribs, too!!
I feel sure...
But, if this is an example of the competition I may need to rethink that!!!
With entries like this, I'd be participating for an "also ran" spot near the bottom...:emoji_wink:

Great looking ribs, David!! I'd be all over those honey sriracha ribs, too!!

I feel sure...

With entries like this, I'd be participating for an "also ran" spot near the bottom...:emoji_wink:

Thanks Charles for the like and the comment

It was a good meal , and will use the sauce again

I have also seen your cooks and creations Charles, you and everyone else have a great chance of entering an outstanding picture for the TD.

We just have to get our thinking caps on and just go for it .

David

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky