homemade fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
i did this for all the folks who cant get store bought fatties...

got this bulk sausage for 88cents/lb

going into smoker tomorrow(saturday)

one plain, the other i added some different spices and rubbed with Zatarain's Cajun Spice

going to spray with apple juice mixture while in the smoker..smoking with apple

Fatties ,Hmmmmmmmmm gonna have to make some myself and give it a try....looks great ,keep those pics coming
icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm planning on doing something like that in the near future ... my favorite butcher makes a killer garlic sausage that is just great on the grill, but I'll just order it in bulk and should be amazing!

Only thing better than "rolling your own" is having the equipment to grind your own and controlling the spice content to your liking. Let us know how they turn out.

yah the missus wont let me have anymore hobbies for awhile so there goes that idea..lol
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif

but yard sale season is upon us..lol
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Teacup -

Most stores will grind it for you if you don't have a grinder. Although the old hand grinder seem to be at every tag sale.

Update:

nice temp, nice blue smoke rolling... just a lovely day..
very very light breeze, 64*

1 1/2 hour in.. spritzed with AJ mixture

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky