High Winds - tie/strap your stuff down

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nitty

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
High winds blew my Pit Boss Pellet smoker over on the front. The shelf was up so it buckled the barrel in at the bottom of the door and the shelf isn't folding down. Very frustrating. Hopefully I can get everything bent back to get sealed up good. Haven't used it yet to make sure everything else is working properly.

what speed of wind happened to do this? too bad that it had to happen and hopefully you can get it sealing up good enough to work for you!

Sustained 25 with gusts around 50. I had it tucked up against the garage so I wasn't expecting the wind to get ahold of it.

Wouldn't expect that with it being tucked in by the garage. Do you know the weight of that pit boss model?

I had one cook on a brand new 26" Weber kettle and the wind got it . Chipped the lid and it was out of round by 3/4" . I almost cried .
Got it fixed though . Good luck with yours .

The wind we had this weekend gusted out of the SE well into the 60s early Saturday morning,amazing we only lost juice a few times over 2hrs.

Hope you can get it straightened out! That dang wind sucked lately! Spent all afternoon moving snowdrifts that are taller than me, still not done. Using a front wheel assist tractor with 8 foot bucket

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky