1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hickory tree fun, today's haul!

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by waterboy12, Nov 20, 2013.

1. waterboy12

waterboy12 Smoke Blower

Went out and got me some hickory today from the Pa in laws farm. Dropped one tree, got it cut up. Still have another weeks worth of hauling and splitting. Got my eye on another large Pecan tree, we'll see if we can't drop that one in the upcoming weeks. Happy Smoking!

2. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Looks like a great haul!  It's nice to have a good source of free wood.

Mike

3. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member

great job, nice haul of wood.

4. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hey Waterboy

Pecan trees??  Must be nice.  I get Spruce, Pine, and Willow

Gary

5. waterboy12

waterboy12 Smoke Blower

Thanks guys! Yea it's nice, a few pecans but Hickory and oak as far as the eye can see. Where we cut this one down today, there were probably 6-8 more in a 20sqft area. Not to mention the Pa in law runs his own tree service, no shortage of wood around here.

6. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Meat Mopper

My son does tree work and dropped off this load of cherry last month, just need to finish building the smoker now !

It's payback for us looking after his Pointer when he's at work.

7. waterboy12

waterboy12 Smoke Blower

That's a good looking dog. This is usually my partner in crime, she can usually be found hanging out the passenger side window.

8. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hey Waterboy

I just love hounds, just love 'em

Gary