Hickory Smoked/Reverse Seared Prime New Yorks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
A bit of celebration was in order tonight.
1) Doctor says my pneumonia has cleared enough to go back to work.
2) Received my 2017 bonuses from work, with a little extra than normal.
Great news on both counts!

A quick trip to Costco yielded some nice Prime New Yorks and a few Choice too.
Choice for those cretins who demand an overcooked steak, I'll not ruin Prime beef.
They don't know or appreciate the difference anyways.

Menu
NY Steaks
Fresh steamed Broccoli with butter
Garlic Bread

Prime

tOsF6D7.jpg

Choice

tncxiOh.jpg

Primes after an hour and half of hickory smoke, IT 100°

fdYdez2.jpg

Reverse seared in cast iron, IT 130°

QlFsR1V.jpg

HUZWuM1.jpg

I also picked up something else with my bonus, and it sure as heck didn't come from Costco.

Colt AR15A2 (R6550) Government Model, 20" Rifle, .223 1/7 twist
One of only 8000 made back in the Pre-Ban days from '88-'90.
Serial number begins with GS007***
It is 99%, danged near immaculate, I wouldn't hesitate to say the only rounds fired through it were Colt's test rounds.
Somebody's 27 yr'ol, unfired Safe Queen is now mine and it'll soon see some range time.

cB3etTh.jpg

Trained on and was issued an M-14. Only got to shoot the M-16 once as a demo. I thought it was a toy gun compared to the M-14. One went "blam" the other went "ping."

Reactions: chopsaw
Trained on and was issued an M-14. Only got to shoot the M-16 once as a demo. I thought it was a toy gun compared to the M-14. One went "blam" the other went "ping."
I've a Springfield M1A (civilian M14), love it, great rifle, I've shot 600 yards with irons and kept them all on target.
LOL... Yeah, one goes 'Bang!' and the others goes 'BANG!'

Points for the rifle for sure. Prime steaks from Costco a double bonus. Glad you're feelin' better is the triple (and might I add most important) POINT !!!! Good job Chile .....

Chile Them steaks look great Points for them
50 years ago I was carrying one of them guns
Richie

Hahhahaah cretins! :D
Man the meat looks awesome!

With a 1/7 twist you can load/shoot a 70gr+ all copper bullet and go pop you some whitetail or wild pigs.
The all copper should exceptionally penetrate, exceptionally retain weight, and expand wide like crazy. Makes for filling the smoker with good meat whether you take a head shot or a heart/lung vital shot!

I hope the good luck keeps rolling your way! :)

Sear on the steak looks awesome . Love the full stock on the AR . I have a M1 Garand that I'm hooked on .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky