Hickory Farms Has Nothin' On Me

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blueiris

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
This is my first attempt at using a smoker. First a little background, my wife has made a holiday beef stick for all the years I have known her. The recipe was handed down in her family. It was cooked at the lowest temp the kitchen stove could go for about 8 hours.

All of my kids are on their own now and all of them have been smoking meat for some time. I have never tried it until today. I got to thinking that the wifes beef stick might be even better smoked. So I tried it. Fantastic!!!!!

She prepared the meat and spices 24 hours ahead of time. Then I borrowed my youngest son's smoker and went to work. Five hours later it was at 165 internal temp, so I cut one open and tasted. I'll try to add a picture of the finished product.

Terry
a04ebfad_vbattach11039.jpg

Mighty good looking grub there blue.What did the wife think of your modification.The smoke really puts a good flavor to an already great snack I bet.As soon as I down a couple more deer this week Ill make some sticks of my own.Your pic has got me inspired to spend more time in the woods.Keep it up,the possibilities are endless.I ordered some high temp cheese to add to my sticks this year and I cant wait to try it out.Would your wife consider sharing the recipe with the forum,we would be honored,David

The picture leaves a lot to be desired, but.... ground beef. And , man is it good! This smokin' stuff could get to a guy if you let it!

Terry, welcome to SMF!! Looks like a great result for the first time. Picture looks great. And you're right about "This smokin' stuff could get to a guy. . ." Get gets me right around the waist area!! :mrgreen:

Take a few moments and introduce yourself up in "Roll Call" so the other members can get to know you.

Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky