hi mountain

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johno

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
texas , queensland
holy snappin duck droppings , i just bought some stuff online from hi mountain , the items cost 24 bucks , but the postage cost 31 bucks , hope australian customs let it through .just have to wait and see i suppose.

Johno..
When you do get your order...I sure hope at least you like the stuff...
icon_lol.gif

Sounds like Hi Mountain needs a local distributor, maybe????

I have the same problem. A $5 order is $12 - $24 depending on method. Then have to deal with customs and taxes at the border. Anybody know of a Canadian distributor???

nope BUT you need to find an american friend to buy it down here and ship it to you... when its marked as a gift you dont pay customs...at least i havent had to yet but i am not shipping hundreds of dollars worth of stuff

strike me pink just had a look at my paypal account the stuff from hi mountain (24 dollars worth ) with the shipping and the exchange rate which i had forgotten about ended up costing me 70 bucks australian.
mr, hi mountain if you happen to read this would you like an australian agent sole distributer if so i am here and i have a retail outlet .

I was also shocked at the shipping I was charged from HiMountain. So I decided to e-mail them and ask if perhaps 'FORUM MEMBERS" could recieve some sort of discount for being loyal customers. This is the response I recieved ;

Hi,

Thank you for your comments are referalls of the Buckboard Bacon Cure. We do offer a 5% discount on our website when you order in cases of 6. We also have the Buckboard Bacon Cure available in bulk by phone orders only. If you have any questions please call 800-829-2285. Thanks again!

Have a great day!

Katina Bohanan
Hi Mountain Jerky
800-829-2285
www.himtnjerky.com

Johnno, maybe you should give her a call or e-mail and ask her if there is any kind of deal (or distributorship if your interested as PigCicles mentioned) you can get to Australia.

Johno -

I searched and searched and didn't find any stores in Austrailia. Just an eZine with no links. Lots of brewing sites though ...
PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky