Hi Mountain Buckboard Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveyhunter

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Dubuque, Iowa
Any ideas from anyone going to give it a try Sat. 6th May, any doe's or don'ts on this product :? little worried has anyone tried this before

Daveyhunter

Davey, type in "Buckboard bacon" in the search box located in the lower left corner and click on the 'Search' button. Any thread discussions about Buckboard bacon will be displayed.

Beadvised that making Buckboard Bacon is not a one day project. You will need to let the meat cure anywhere from 14 days to 21 days depending on the weight of the meat (Follow the package directions) before you put it into the smoker.

Yes sir I did that the package says at least 10 days I waited 11 days and I decided to smoke it today here are some pictures how does it look, I think it turned out great even tasted good thank you very much you all have been great.

Well, while I'm waiting for my pork butts to thaw out for my next batch of BB bacon, I take a dozen slices or so of yours along with a half dozen eggs, fired sunny side up.

Good job therr Davey! What wood did you use for smoke?

I used hickory and apple mostly hickory, I put it in the smoker for 1 hour at about 160 degrees then turned it up to 200 degrees for the remainder of the time until internal temp. was reached total time 3 1/2 hours, my newly built smoker held the temp perfect the whole time. And the bacon was good oh yea I forgot to tell you I had to eat your share plus eggs sorry. :cry:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky