Hi everybody.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cnaranjo14

Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
Menifee, CA
Hey there, I'm Chris. I'm from So. Cal.  I'm new to the forum and new to smoking. I just got a Masterbuilt 40" Electric Smoker for Christmas. I've used it once so far and cooked up a tri tip. So far so good. I'm looking to try out 2 racks of baby backs tomorrow. I also have a Char-Griller 5050 Duo that I grill on. Anyway, I'm looking to gain as much knowledge as I can from the guys here on the forum and hopefully get really good at my new found hobby.

Hi Chris welcome to the forum. If ur doing baby backs I would recommend the 2-2-1 method. 2 hrs on smoker then 2 hrs wrapped in foil then 1 hour unwrapped and turns out AMAZEING. I usually buy at least a 3 lb slab.

Welcome Chris!  Congrats on that new MES!  Looking forward to your input here, and remember we love to see your qview (pics of your cooks, food, gear, etc.).

Have fun and Happy Smoking!

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky