Hey y'all from Florida!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

svgodchild

Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Titusville Fl.
Pretty dang new to smoking, but have used this site for at least a dozen recipies, with terrific results! Thought it was time to join in!
My brother-in-law hauled over a Char-Broil H2O smoker about 3 thanksgivings ago, and left it. My boss spotted it a month ago, sitting in my backyard and said he had one as his first smoker and I should use it. Looking it over he said it was missing the coal bowl. Well I thought about it, not wanting to invest in a new bowl, I noticed it was about the same diameter as my propane turkey fryer...well, it sits perfectly atop the burner! My boss gave me some tips and a cast iron pellet pot with pellets to try it out. My 1st smoke was a kingfish with applewood pellets, onion, garlic and a couple of squeezed oranges in the water, Fantastic! Since then I have done chickens, cornish hens, chuck roasts and, of course, some pork roasts. My next smoke will be the picnic sitting in the fridge. Yea, I am hooked on this!
Again, Great site, thanks for BEING!
Gary

Welcome to SMF, Gary. It's a great place, isn't it? I'm glad you decided to join and participate. Don't forget, we love qview.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad you finally decided to join us.

Welcome aboard, Gary! Sounds like you've got the smokin' bug. Your in the right place. Lots of great people here at SMF.

Welcome to the best smoking site on the net, SMF that is. Your boss is a good guy.

Welcome aboard. I've done alittle Parrish Park and Haulover canal fishing. On the West Coast now. Nice and quiet here. You a Florida Sportsman member too?

Flash, I used to be a FS member online, years ago, like '96 or so. The wife and I enjoy running up to Cedar Key once in a while. We like Robinson's on the way out!!

Sumosmoke, sounds good! Stop by the cigar shop if'n you get 'round here-bouts...

All others, Thanks for the warm-smokey welcome! Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky