Hey for POPS !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtworldmike

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
roaming shores, ohio
I was watching a  BBQ show on TV and they showed a famous BBQ place in Texas. The owner said,  Their smoked sausage was beef sausage as true Texas BBQ is beef.

Their smoked beef sausage sure look good. Can't seam to find much info on Texas smoked beef sausage. Got any ideas on recipes or how it's made?? 

I would assume it's smoked with oak and/or mesquite wood ?  Thanks Mike.

Hello Mike.  Actually the Tx. Hill Country sausage is a mix of pork and beef.  I have been working on a recipe.  It is not perfected yet but may be a place for you to start and then tweak it to your tastes.  If you are going to err, add more fat than you think.  Dry sausage isn't very nice.Hope this helps.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

2kg. - PORK (20% - 30% FAT)

1kg. - BEEF - MARBLED BEEF SAME AS USED FOR  GROUND BEEF

27g. - SALT  23g. IF ADDING CURE

8g. - GROUND BLACK PEPPER

2g. - GROUND GARLIC GRANULES

1/2 tbs. - DRIED MARJORAM

3g. – PAPRIKA

6g. - RED CHILI FLAKES

3g. - GROUND FENNEL SEEDS ( CRUSHED )

7g. - CURE NO.1

1 c. – WATER as needed

I am leaning to slightly more fennel and more red pepper flakes.

There are a few recipes here. Do a search for Hot Links...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky