Hey Everyone! New to the group. Here in Springfield!

Discussion in 'Ohio Members' started by midwestexpress, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Hey All,

Just saw this section on the top of the site.  I am new here.  A couple weeks or so.  I thought I would say hi and see if there is anyone in the Springfield/Dayton/Columbus area in here.

I just started in on smoking, found an old ECB in a barn that I resurrected and fixed up/modded and have done a few things on that.  Also have my Miller High Life grill that I use.  Been thinking about modding that to turn that guy into a smoker as well.  Still on the fence about that one, but chances are, I will build something out of it!

2. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Well, welcome , Express . Glad to have you here . Please go by your Profile and add your location. Some will not have read this first post and not know.

I am above you in the Toledo area , been smoking since I was a boy in Texas . Now , an old  dude with a Smoke habit.

Keep sending the Q-view and make us drool some more [​IMG]  . 

Have fun and . . .

3. It has been updated!  Thanks for the heads up on that!

Here is a chicken I halved and smoked this last Sunday.  Came out good!

4. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Oh, nice . Thanks , Express . Keep the Smoke  rolling (blue that is ) , Hope you enjoy the Family here...

As always  . ..

5. bishgeo

bishgeo Smoking Fanatic

Hey  midwest,fellow springfielder and smoker here drop me a pm or email if want to.

6. Bishgeo,

Nice offset!  That is what I am going to start looking for this spring.  I have thought about building one but then I think about just finding a decent cheap one and sealing it up and modding it to be good to go.  Still working on that decision though!

7. bishgeo

bishgeo Smoking Fanatic

I built this one. A charbroiled with firebox is only about $180 and a good starter unit.