Here ya go Robert (TX Smoker)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
tx smoker tx smoker
Did Mongolian @ the firehouse tonight. Used some of the goose meat I recently acquired.
IMG_20230111_203416_02.jpg

IMG_20230111_183311.jpg

The flavor of the Mongolian was spot on, but the goose was a little tougher than the venison I normally use. I did try the velveting technique though and it did help to keep the cornstarch on the meat better. I will either have to add some meat tenderizer to the marinate and/or marinate the meat longer than 1.5 hours when using goose meat. But it was still good. The egg rolls were spot on though...I cut the meat into smaller pieces for those.

Last edited:
Oh baby!! That looks almost orgasmic Keith :emoji_laughing: Absolutely beautiful buddy and I bet the boys at the firehouse tore it up. God knows I would have. Now wait till you see what I made last night :emoji_wink:

Robert

Sure does look very rich and delicious!!

That’s a huge plate of flavor! Wow!!! Big points!

Looks great Keith! Very nice pictures as well.

Looks great Keith, and the flavour sounds good,
great looking plate of food
will have to look up the Mongolian side of things

David

Hell yeah nice buddy

Nice Keith. I also have some asian planned. Hunan Beef.

Great looking plate Keith, strong work!

Looks real good to me!
Thanks Guys!

Oh baby!! That looks almost orgasmic Keith :emoji_laughing: Absolutely beautiful buddy and I bet the boys at the firehouse tore it up. God knows I would have. Now wait till you see what I made last night :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert! I'll need an extra step tenderizing the goose next time, but the flavors of the mongolian sauce really help out the goose meat. I'll be trying this again for sure.

That looks fantastic! Love the pics as well! I'd hate to have to go fight a fire after sitting down to some of your meals!

Ryan

Now that is a proper plate of food anyway you look at it! Very nice work!

tx smoker tx smoker
Did Mongolian @ the firehouse tonight. Used some of the goose meat I recently acquired.
View attachment 654247
View attachment 654248
The flavor of the Mongolian was spot on, but the goose was a little tougher than the venison I normally use. I did try the velveting technique though and it did help to keep the cornstarch on the meat better. I will either have to add some meat tenderizer to the marinate and/or marinate the meat longer than 1.5 hours when using goose meat. But it was still good. The egg rolls were spot on though...I cut the meat into smaller pieces for those.
awesome - I used the velveting technique in some beef a while back - was a game changer

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky