Here we are...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
She is your girl. Just like mine is to me. Congratulations. God Bless you both. And may we make as far as you have. To lifers.
Eric, thank you! I did not want to hijack your thread from earlier. Today is certainly a special day for us and I was very reluctant to post anything because I did not want to take anything away from you...

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Eric, thank you! I did not want to hijack your thread from earlier. Today is certainly a special day for us and I was very reluctant to post anything because I did not want to take anything away from you...
No worries Charles. Not at all. I celebrate my bride, as you should yours too. Long marriage is a beautiful thing. To be appreciative is a good thing, I know I am.

Looking back, we are not sure, exactly why we thought it a good idea to marry on Memorial Day. Now for us to celebrate it’s a fight with mass people everywhere you could go. This though has taught us over time to appreciate each other other times and more often. We go on weekend junkets and take time when we can. The holiday is now more about the fallen. Which is a good thing. May God Bless marriage.

Congrats Charles to you and your bride… definitely an achievement these days! Though something tells me with how close you all are family wise that you both were meant to be together! Again, congrats… and wishing many more to come!

Nicole and I will have 19 this year in October… And my folks will celebrate 50 years in September!

Last edited:
Congrats on 40 years Charles! Like others have said it’s almost unheard of nowadays . Folks are so quick to marry and then divorce at the first sign of troubles it’s crazy. My wife and I are on year 12 right now and I feel I am the luckiest man alive. Here’s to another 40. Cheers.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
...40+ years later. Not much to say except that I've been the beneficiary of a great woman for over 40 years. We've been together for 43 years
Congratulations Charles, that is a very nice way to say to your wife of so many years that you love her always.

Hard to beat it when you find a great woman, we have been together for 39 years this year, married for 20 years on Valentines Day .

Looking back, we are not sure, exactly why we thought it a good idea to marry on Memorial Day. Now for us to celebrate it’s a fight with mass people everywhere
I fell your pain Eric as Mona and I just celebrated our 20th wedding on Feb, 14th, try and get a seat in a restaurant on that day, lol ( 39 years together )

David

A big congratulations Charles. 40 years is quite the accomplishment. We'll be celebrating our 38th this June, and I still can't believe she's stay with me.

Again Congrats.

Chris

Here's a song we listen to every year on our anniversary.

Way to go Charles!! Congrats on a marriage that exceeds anything you're likely to see these days. Marriage seems to have gotten cheap and divorce expensive but all too many people are on that bandwagon. What a shame. You have set an example that many, many people could learn from. Our anniversary dates are only a few days apart. Ours was the 24th and we hit 15 years married and 18 years together.

Robert

Congrats to the both of you!

She is your girl. Just like mine is to me. Congratulations. God Bless you both. And may we make as far as you have. To lifers.

WOW!! 40 years is almost unheard of today. Congrats and my best wishes for 40 more!

That's awesome Charles ! But it's because of that relationship and your close ties with family that really shines through! And it shows with your crew you cook for!

Ryan

Congrats Charles my wife and I will celebrate 40 years June 18th

Congrats Charles to you and your bride… definitely an achievement these days! Though something tells me with how close you all are family wise that you both were meant to be together! Again, congrats… and wishing many more to come!

Nicole and I will have 19 this year in October… And my folks will celebrate 60 years in September!

Remembrance (Memorial) Day is to honor the "some gave all" meaning killed in action.
It has morphed into also honoring the deceased veterans that also made it home.

Veteran's Day is to honor the "All gave some".

Sorry, I am very patriot and pedantic.

I sure hope you told her the same and not just to the gang here?

Congrats on 40 years Charles! Like others have said it’s almost unheard of nowadays . Folks are so quick to marry and then divorce at the first sign of troubles it’s crazy. My wife and I are on year 12 right now and I feel I am the luckiest man alive. Here’s to another 40. Cheers.

WOW! 40 Years!
That is so beautiful and cool... Congratulations!

We had our 26th, Dec 26th '22.

Congrats on 40 and on many more.

My parents are around 34 and my wife and I are just past 15.

Life is as good as you make it.

Congratulations Charles, that is a very nice way to say to your wife of so many years that you love her always.

Hard to beat it when you find a great woman, we have been together for 39 years this year, married for 20 years on Valentines Day .

A big congratulations Charles. 40 years is quite the accomplishment. We'll be celebrating our 38th this June, and I still can't believe she's stay with me.

Again Congrats.

Happy Anniversary Charles

Wow! Congrats on 40.

Jim

Way to go Charles!! Congrats on a marriage that exceeds anything you're likely to see these days. Marriage seems to have gotten cheap and divorce expensive but all too many people are on that bandwagon. What a shame. You have set an example that many, many people could learn from. Our anniversary dates are only a few days apart. Ours was the 24th and we hit 15 years married and 18 years together.

Robert
Well, life has been really hectic this past week and I haven't had much time to spend here, but I wanted to take a second to thank all of you for your kind words and comments, they mean a lot. With my charter service in full swing right now, the next couple of weeks are going to be just as hectic, if not more so, but I'll be around occasionally...:emoji_wink:

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky