• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Here I go with more spam stuff. Has anyone tried spam w/ Japanese barbecue sauce?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

dr rat

Smoking Fanatic
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
395
Reaction score
817
I was looking for some spam with bacon for a recipe and ran across these. Has anybody tried them yet? Think I’m gonna have to pick some up and try
IMG_2221.jpeg
 
Guess I’m late to the party. It was a Walmart exclusive and it looks like it’s out of stock everywhere.
 
Guess I’m late to the party. It was a Walmart exclusive and it looks like it’s out of stock everywhere.
Get ya a bottle of Bachans . Shows the original on the label . I've had the OG , but like the yuzu the best . Walmart should sell it . Just be advised the sauce serving size is 1 TBL and has 26 % daily allowance of sodium .
20260928_094130.jpg
 
Hawaiian national potted meat.
They sell it everywhere here.
I thought I've tried them all, but haven't seen that one.
I like the original low salt best, in fried rice.

This. Heavily utilized among the Pacific Island groups Polynesia, (incl. Hawaii IIRC) Melanesia, Micronesia.
 
Hawaiian national potted meat.
They sell it everywhere here.
I thought I've tried them all, but haven't seen that one.
I like the original low salt best, in fried rice.
I live in Hawaii, and our Costco has pallet loads of spam out on the floor for sale. I haven't eaten spam for around 65 years or so, but I may try it again after passing it through my smoker.

My wife (She Who Must Be Obeyed) isn't keen on the idea, so this may (will) become just a passing fancy. She asks why am i considering Spam when I have a freezer full of prime steaks and excellent pork cuts. She's not (hardly ever) wrong...
 
I live in Hawaii, and our Costco has pallet loads of spam out on the floor for sale. I haven't eaten spam for around 65 years or so, but I may try it again after passing it through my smoker.

My wife (She Who Must Be Obeyed) isn't keen on the idea, so this may (will) become just a passing fancy. She asks why am i considering Spam when I have a freezer full of prime steaks and excellent pork cuts. She's not (hardly ever) wrong...
My wife is the same way. Luckily my grocery has single slices. It's my fiend for yourself supper days.
 
Better to fend for yourself as necessary, than be a "fiend for yourself" occasionally. Maybe that's not so bad, either, depending on your proclivities...:D
You makin fun of my southern accent or grammar? Been tryin to teach my phones spell check! LoL
 
I live in Hawaii, and our Costco has pallet loads of spam out on the floor for sale. I haven't eaten spam for around 65 years or so, but I may try it again after passing it through my smoker.

My wife (She Who Must Be Obeyed) isn't keen on the idea, so this may (will) become just a passing fancy. She asks why am i considering Spam when I have a freezer full of prime steaks and excellent pork cuts. She's not (hardly ever) wrong...
I figured the Kona Costco was gonna be more expensive than ours.
Nope, same prices on everything we buy, although I didn't check out the meat prices. All and all your prices on most things were just a little more expensive than CA prices, which was kinda shocking to me, seeing that most things need to be shipped to you guys.

We had a blast on your island, you live in an awesome place!!!
 
Last edited:
I figured the Kona Costco was gonna be move expensive than ours.
Nope, same prices on everything we buy, although I didn't check out the meat prices. All and all your prices on most things were just a little more expensive than CA prices, which was kinda shocking to me, seeing that most things need to be shipped to you guys.

We had a blast on your island, you live in an awesome place!!!
We do live in an awesome place!! Even after 26 years here, we marvel daily at this place. We can't take this place for granted. There are loads of "price of paradise" costly things, but most don't affect us. Gas is expensive? We have a Honda Civic and don't drive much. Electricity expensive? We're on solar. Food is expensive? Well, yah, for us as well, but how much can 2 77 year olds eat? :D
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky