Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
How early? If it is only a few hours. I would wrap it in foil and towels and put it in a cooler. It will hold temp fairly well like that. If you have 8 or 10 you can cool it and reheat it. I usually run late so finishing early is not my area of expertise.
Jason

Thanks @akdutchguy normally not my issue either but this one cooked pretty quickly. Going to let it rest for an 1 1/2 hour then throw it in the fridge. Dinner isn't until 3/4

Yup double wrap in foil, Then a few towels and into cooler. It'll hold for hours that way.

Just wrap it in foil with a little juice & put it in a 170 degree oven, it will stay hot all day without drying out.

Al

Thanks y'all for the quick response. Going with 170 in the oven. Smells amazing can't wait to cut it up later today

Al this might be a dumb question but, I'm guessing the temp will drop down to 170 through out the day? @smokinAl. Also, ok to do the same with two pork butts?

I would do the wrapped in cooler or wrapped in the oven. It'll just get tenderer and you don't have to re-heat.
If you do the cooler wrap it frees your oven up for other things ;-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky