HELP!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blacknosecorey

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Greer, SC
I have decided that I am going to get an electric smoker to start I do believe.  I've got to get one by Thanksgiving.  I am in the upstate of South Carolina.  Anyone here know WHERE I can pick up something like the MES 30?  I picked up one of the Stainless Cajun Injector smokers but after reading on here that they are iffy and are NOT made by Masterbuilt I am taking the thing back tomorrow.  Anyone know???

call your source for Stainless Cajun Injector, and ask for all the model and serial number off the box inspect yourself and get all the numbers, then call Masterbuilt, they will know if the unit is theirs or not. 

Your on track going with an MES, a lot of happy MES owner's here at SMF.

I've seen them at Lowe's (the lumber yard and hardware store, not the grocery store).  I've also seen them at Bass Pro shops. 

I have decided that I am going to get an electric smoker to start I do believe.  I've got to get one by Thanksgiving.  I am in the upstate of South Carolina.  Anyone here know WHERE I can pick up something like the MES 30?  I picked up one of the Stainless Cajun Injector smokers but after reading on here that they are iffy and are NOT made by Masterbuilt I am taking the thing back tomorrow.  Anyone know???
BlackNoseCorey

The Cajun injectors are marketed by Bruce Foods. At one time Masterbuilt did make them and sold them under the Cajun Injector smokers name. I have not been able to verify if Bruce Foods new smokers are still made by Masterbuilt. The two are very similar in there looks and features. The only difference besides cosmetic things are that the Bruce Foods smoker has a different chip loading method than the MES.

If you are taking back the stainless cajun smoker, I would look into buying the Masterbuilt 40" model. Sam's Clubs are currently selling them for $298. They have a stainless steel door and are black on the other 3 sides. They have made many improvements over last year's model and have not raised the price. There is a lot of info about them on this site. So, if you have a Sam's Club close buy I would check it out.

BlackNoseCorey

The Cajun injectors are marketed by Bruce Foods. At one time Masterbuilt did make them and sold them under the Cajun Injector smokers name. I have not been able to verify if Bruce Foods new smokers are still made by Masterbuilt. The two are very similar in there looks and features. The only difference besides cosmetic things are that the Bruce Foods smoker has a different chip loading method than the MES.
The Bruce also has a VERY FLIMSY shelf system.  It's got small angles of steel that are tacked to the sides, they didn't feel sturdy at all.  I went to lowes and got an MES 30 for 179.00 .  I'm happy with that.  Now to find a rib rack for it.

Call your local Sam's club. If not you can also look at Amazon. They ship for free over $99 or something like that

Amazon, free 2nd day air!

I order almost everything from amazon.

My MES 30 just sprang a leak, so I contacted them and they sent me out another unit on monday, next day air.

Last edited:
Also, if you do go with amazon
MAKE SURE you get model >>>>>>>>>>20070910<<<<<<<<<<, or else you will be paying 60$ for a new housing to replace the heating coil once it goes out.

If they send you model 20070106 return it, and demand another.  (the return is free, and they will next day your new unit)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky