help with surf and turf times technique

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dewetha

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
Chicago - south Burbs
so it's nice cold winter days in chi-town and 1 have one grill in working order. my Vision egg. I will being doing surf and turf for my Mother-inlaws Birthday Sunday.

the grill will settle where it does. probably 250.

i have cooked a lobster before so i know about 45 mins or so.

I picked up some 10oz fillets. they are about 2 "thick.

i'm thinking toss them on the smoker and then maybe do that thing were you drop them on the coals sear,(called caveman sear ? )

I would like to get the times to close as lobster. any ideas?

about how long under smoke? how long to toss over coals?

Thanks.

I'd smoke the steaks along with the lobster. 45 mins at 250˚ should get them close to medium rare. Check with a thermo to make sure though. Probably want to pull them at around 125˚.  Then I'd take everything off and get the grill as screaming hot as you can, then give the steaks 1 minute per side. Good luck!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky