help with pot roast first

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indianaman79

Original poster
May 4, 2012
Can any one give some pointers for a 3.5 lb pot roast? I searched but didn't find anything useful.

What cut of meat is it?

I see this is your second post here, when you get a minute would you do us a favor and go to "Roll Call" and introduce yourself so we can get to know you and give you a proper welcome, also would you add your location to your profile, we like knowing where you are when we talk to you, Thanks!

I have done bottom round roasts and prime rib roasts. Smoked @ 225 degrees for about 45 minutes a pound to the desired internal temp. I do medium rare. I smoke to an internal temp of 130 degrees then foil, towel, and cooler for about an hour. I coat my roasts with thick woosty sauce and montreal steak seasoning. Some people like to slice roasts thin on a slicer for sammies. I slice it thick and eat it just like steak. It's one of my favorites. Don't forget the Chef JJ's Au Jus! 

It's a 3.5 lb chuck roastI'll do a roll call in a few hours, I'm in the theater to see Batman :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky