HELP / Question on where to begin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hebert

Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
I have been making cajun smoked sausage for a while, adn looking to start selling it retail from Katy, TX.  My quesiton is, does anyone know of a commercial kitchen for lease or rent in SE TX or around the Houston area that can be used on an as needed basis, as I am under the impression that all preparation has to be done in a commercial kitchen, as well as smoked at the same location.  Is this correct? 

Also, anyone know of storage places that can handle approx 500lbs at a time in freezer?

I attended a class regarding regulations, and this is what I gathered.  I'm not wanting to go full scale, but seems like in order to sale for retail, it would be the same guidelines as if going full scale?

Does anyone have any experience and can help with some of this process?

Many thanks

th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
 but good luck to ya.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky