Help please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

papa t

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 12, 2016
Harrietta Michigan
H hello guys it's papa t.
Haven't been active for awhile do to illness. But trying to get back in the smoking swing of things. I really need some advice!! I was making venison snack sticks cut with pork last night and my wife did my measure ments for me and found out today she made a REALLY BAD mistake and i hope i don't have to throw 10 pounds of deer sticks away.
Any way the recipe called for a half of table spoon of cure but she only put a half of tea spoon in the mix. They are on the smoke now ( hot smoke).
What do i do are they still good HELP PLEASE
THANKS papa t.

For 10lbs it should be 2 level teaspoons. As long as the meat has been kept refrigerated and you get the I T up to 140 in the first 4 hrs in the smoker you should be good. You will need to treat them as fresh sausage and keep them refrigerated and eat in the next 3 or4 days or freeze.

Thanks i ended up smoking it at 200 and got the internal temp to 165 in 3 hours. Burnt a couple of pices butt i was erring on the side of caution. Wish i would have saw your post sooner. But thank you for helping me out i will not be scared to eat it know or share it .because the flavor of the non burnt stuff is excellent lol.
Thank you
Papa t.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky