Help needed for needle valve install on COS-244

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yoda22

Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
Just bought my first, a Cuisinart COS-244 vertical propane smoker. Like many others, I'm having issues keeping temps below 250, and with this unit a propane regulator kit with needle valve WON'T work, so I need to cut into the existing line. Anyone done this and have the parts/advice/pics? Many thanks!

Cut the hose... take a small chunk of hose an look for hose barbs that fit the hose and needle valve...

1591706244895.png ... 1591706342454.png

Along with the needle valve, the burner will have to be restricted to work properly.... It is designed too run at 50-100,000 BTU's... You want to reduce that to about 5-10,000 BTU's..
Your chip pan will NOT work at that temp... You will need a smoke generator... I recommend the AMNTS... It works well with propane smokers... AND Todd's pellets are the best, IMO...

SS smoker AMNTS.png

To restrict the BTU's of your smoker do something similar to what's below... It's best to keep the open holes close together for flame.. Any big gap and it won't lite properly or keep lit, maybe...

Burner BTU reductiion2.JPG .... Burner BTU reductiion.JPG Burner BTU reductiion3.JPG
Burner BTU reductiion4.png

You can reduce the number of holes to just about anything...
Be sure you are using a low pressure regulator... It works best in this application....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky