Help..missing legs to turkey fryer..do I need them ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vince liberto

Original poster
Nov 20, 2016
Planning to try to fry my first turkey.  I've had a fryer for years and years that I've never used.  I went to put together and noticed I'm missing the (3) legs.   It's a Sunbeam C100.   Is there an alternative option to using the legs?  Is it ok to just sit the burner unit down on the ground or on a glass table ?  I don't see where I can find the legs anywhere online. 

Thanks! 

If you sit the burner on the ground or something else, can it get enough air to burn?

Since this is the first one for you, you might consider first, put the turkey in the pot empty.......then fill with enough water to cover it an inch or two. Remove the turkey and mark the water level. That way, you will know how much oil to put in the pot. Heat the oil to proper temperature and turn off the burner. Insert the turkey carefully as it will boil violently for a little bit. Then, restart the burner and cook till done.

Good luck and be safe. Those things are dangerous.

Lamar

Perhaps trying to place the unit on 3 bricks or cinder blocks so that its off the ground and stable. I would not try standing the bricks on end, leaving them flat would seem to allow enough air under the unit.

Glass Table ?????????????        
icon_eek.gif

icon_eek.gif

Deep frying anything in volume is nothing to jump into.

Check this thread -    Stay safe.     Marc

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/172790/deep-frying-a-turkey-please-read-this-first

Agree with DGF: use 3 cinder blocks in place of the legs, unless you can order and get them prior to Thursday. Plenty of stability and plenty of airflow underneath. The link Marc provided is a must-read--you don't want to be the topic of the next Farmers or Allstate commercial.

Tropics - 

Did you see this model in any photos anywhere ?

I did not find what you offered, Nothing --  after my various Googling.

Good job !

But still curious what it looks like.

I've never heard of Sunbeam for any large deep fryer, only various electric countertop models, small grills, and other countertop stuff mostly.    Marc

Last edited:
Groucho - Door County is WAY better than TX.

I fled the winters in MN to TX, want to go back, TOOOOO HOT here,  ideally Two Harbors area.

The Shrine of Menards 30 minute away, Super One grocery 10 minutes, but living in the Woods otherwise.

Heaven. (With Wool socks).      Marc

Last edited:
They're on there, Marc, and list the part number. Bad news is that they're out of stock. By the time he's through chasing around trying to piece this thing together, he could have a new rig for less than $30.

Both places are special in their own rights--retirement will have 6 months and a day back in TX, and summers here in Door County to avoid the winter and tax hell that is Wisconsin.

Perhaps trying to place the unit on 3 bricks or cinder blocks so that its off the ground and stable. I would not try standing the bricks on end, leaving them flat would seem to allow enough air under the unit.
thanks - i'm going to go this route - I have some cinder blocks sitting out back

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky