Help Choosing a Slicer for Christmas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tri 5 ron

Fire Starter
Original poster
Hi All,

as usual, I'm getting myself down to the wire, and need to make a purchase quickly,  to arrive for Christmas.

I'm pretty much a newbie on slicers, and times running out.

I know that deals can be had with good used machines, but I don't really have much time left for that.

It will not be heavily used, but I do want it to be a decent machine that will not break down or be under powered.

Been looking at some on ebay in  the 10" models. I'd certainly want a all metal construction, (stainless might be nice ?)

I'm thinking my budget probably tops out around $350. Is this realistic for a GOOD home machine ?

We are a family of pretty serious carnivours, so it may end up getting used a bit more than I thinking. haha.

I've tried to read up a little on them, and I have seen where some models are harder to clean up than others.

I even read a comment on ,one where the juices flow to the internals of the slicer, and it would be a hour clean up.

I don't know which one(s) those comments were reffering to, but I'd sure want to avoid any brand/model like that.

So can anyone suggest a particular brand/model/name to purchase ? (or especially ones to avoid)?

is there anything/ in particular to insist on? motor size ? sharpener ?

Thanks for any suggestions, advice, and experience

Ron

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky