Help!!! Beef Round/Round Flat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leejay99

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Near Dover, DE
I really need some help. I am smoking for some friends next week and they dropped off some meat. I have almost 120 lbs of Beef Round, round Flat. I know what a botton round roast is but never heard of a round flat. I have found almost nothing in a DuckDuckGo search. I want to inject it, rub it and smoke it. Then, of course, comes the slicing. I tried to get them to get brisket but they decided on these. As for trimming, do I trim it like I do brisket? Thoughts on injecting and rubbing? I am thinking of about 135 for an internal temp. I think it will probably slice closer to roast beef rather than brisket. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Attachments

• flat.jpeg
    flat.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 21
I didn't read through the whole thread, but maybe it will be of some help.

Thanks! Not what I really wanted to hear, lol. I like the slow roasted part but not sure about the moisture added. Injection? Braising??? I could go heavy smoke for flavor, I guess, then pan it, add some broth and braise. Oh boy, whole new can of worms. Thanks again!!!

See if this helps any

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky