HELP!! 7 lb pork shoulder stalling at 174!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brianjamison75

Original poster
Feb 2, 2020
Help! I have a 7 lb pork shoulder on my Weber Kettle that has seemingly stalled out at 174 degrees. It's been on for 11 hours now. Do I ride it out? Do I shove it in the oven? If so, what temp? I'm not a quitter and I'm willing to wait it out but the fam is getting hungry... Any advice is welcome.

Help! I have a 7 lb pork shoulder on my Weber Kettle that has seemingly stalled out at 174 degrees. It's been on for 11 hours now. Do I ride it out? Do I shove it in the oven? If so, what temp? I'm not a quitter and I'm willing to wait it out but the fam is getting hungry... Any advice is welcome.
Did you wrap?? If not Wrap it in foil with a little apple juice or whatever. You can put it in a foil pan with a little juice too and cover tightly. That will power you through the stall. What temp are you cooking at? You can crank up that too.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I wrapped for the last little bit, not much. Everything turned out great and then the next day I bought an Oklahoma Joe Bronco. Very pleased with my first true smoker.

That's great and congrats on the new smoker!!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky