Help 1ST Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oconeeal

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Georgia
I going to try my first Bacon. I have a Rectec 680 and can get it down to 180 without a problem. I can use a smoke tub and keep temp around 120. What the best way to make bacon. Is there a step by step link on how to do bacon?

If you go to the bacon section, there are over 50 pages full of threads dedicated to bacon making.

Are you curing first? Dry cure or equilibrium cure? You can cold, warm or hot smoke. There are a lot of different ways to make it.

I’m currently very happy with the results I get following smokin als Berkshire bacon thread (https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/berkshire-hog-belly-bacon.271069/). Good luck and make sure to share your results!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky