Hello to all

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kiskahead

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Hi all, I stumbled on this forum and boy am I glad, I've been making sausage for several years, mostly fresh polish since it's my Dads favorite, I have to make it for the 3 major holidays. I also smoke meats and fish. I have a little chief smoker, used to have a larger home made cabinet that was temp controlled(wish I still had it) This year so far I've been making lots of venison sausage, I recently did a batch of italian sausage which turned out well, I also just finished a batch of venison snack stick, it turned out good except since I hadn't bought the smaller stuffing tube for my grinder I ended up stuffing it into hog casings, I then smoked for about 6 hours then I tryed drying for some time in the dehydrator to get a dryer texture since they we more like a smoked polish sausage. I have several venison hams that I want to learn how to brine and smoke but don't know if I can do that with the little chief since it has no temp control.
I'm using a #22 grinder hooked up to a washing machine motor that is connected to a gear reducer. speed is just a hair low but it grinds most anything, I would love to have something less bulky, but it's paid for and does the job.
Anyway, nice to be part of the group and hope to learn alot from you all.

Not a problem Larry, I'll probably be setting it up in the next week or so when I try another batch of venison snack stiks. Thanks for the welcome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky