Hello to all you happy SMOKERS!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dano

Original poster
Hello to all you happy SMOKERS!!!

First Time doing this Forum / Chat thing a ma jig, so a little patience (more so on my part) here will go a long way. Well here goes nothing!

My name is Dan and I live in central Wisconsin. I am a happily married man with 4 children and two Grand children who all love to eat grilled and BBQed foods. I have been grilling food of all kind for 26 years now. I think Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m close to mastering the grilling thing, and getting a little disinterested it, so last year I bought a Brinkman Smoke King and it made me a changed man!! I just love this Smoking thing!! Maybe in 26 more years Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll now something about smoking! (The pictures are from the Brinkman Web Site)

805-2500-1-L.jpg

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve made some smaller meals with the Smoke king now and for the most part they turned out pretty good indeed, but Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m still learning and understanding the smoker. I recon patience here will help as well!

The end of May my youngest Daughter will be graduating from high school and I will be graduating to a larger Smoked Meal. I plan on 60lbs of Boston Butt and 40lbs of Brisket. We think that there will be about 100 -125 to serve so I think I have the right amount of meat. If anyone has insight with the amount please chime in. Everything will be done as a Bunn / Sandwich with the brisket being sliced and the Pork being pulled.

If anyone has any advice at all, please jump right in there, I will read all advice given!!

I do have a couple of questions that I will post separately, as this posting is getting quite long now.

I will end this with a quote of my sonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s favorite Food Network Personality……

GOOD EATS

welcome to SMF..... congrats on your youngest graduating... more time for you and the missus..lol

looks like you have already been bitten by the bug, lots of people here to answer all of your questions...

dont be afraid to ask, the only dumb question is one not asked..

Welcome Dan -

I've got family in Nekosa, Stevens Point, Wisconsin Rapids and Appleton where you from? Got a good recipe for Brats when your up to makng sausages too.

The best advise I can give you on the grand smoke-out is do it at least one day before so your not up all night missing the graduation!

Welcome to the site Dano! I think I enjoy this site as much as I enjoy smoke'n. Great people that help out every chance they can.

Good luck w/the big smoke!

welcome this is a truely a great place t find answers. congrats on your youngest graduating.
Hope they are hungry at almost 3/4 of a pound of meat per person but im sure it won't go to waste. happy smoking

Welcome to the SMF Dano. Great folks here so jump right in, the smoke is thin and blue.

Glad you found us!

Welcome aboard Dano,

Hey I have the same smoker. I just made a few modifications to it and used it for the first time last saturday. Made a brisket and some sliced beef for sammiches.

Worked out great

Welcome aboard Dan. I look forward to you sharing your experiences with us. Also, don't hesitate to borrow some good ideas from the friendly folks who hang out here.

Welcome to forum. Good peeps around here. That amount of meat, plus sides sounds about right. Just a couple of things
1. Give yourself PLENTY of time to cook it
2. Dont count on any leftovers!!

Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky