Hello there

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by thathdbandit, Aug 6, 2011.

1. thathdbandit

thathdbandit Newbie

UK
    Hi, im Matt from The UK, big fan of American BBQ programmes, you guys know how to do it best, so thought id have a go.

Ive just bought a ProQ Amigo 3in1 bbq smoker[​IMG]

and was wondering whats the best way to season it, and what would you suggest is a good food to start my meat quest with?

Many thanks and look forward to conversing with all of you on everything Q :)

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Glad to have you with us!

3. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard.  The friendly folks here will give you better and more helpful info than you will find on those BBQ programs.

Good luck and good smoking.

4. thathdbandit

thathdbandit Newbie

UK
    Cheers guys

5. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    thathdbandit likes this.
  6. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to  your first qview. [​IMG]  I would spray it down with vegetable oil and use a wood that you would smoke with. Chicken parts are a good starter, usually inexpensive and if something goes wrong your not out a lot of money. 

7. thathdbandit

thathdbandit Newbie

UK
    I bought some hickory wood chips with the unit so I'll be using them, and I think I'm gonna try a whole chicken first, going to brine it as well as I've never tried this then sort out a rub and see what happens.....gulp!!!

8. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hi Matt,congrats on the smoker.

You joined the right smoking family, These guys and gals are the best.

[​IMG]

9. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]