Hello Smoker's and Smokette's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shorts

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Just happened across this forum. Looked good so thought I'd join ya. Been smoking for years...went through 2 of the cylinder type with charcoal but was sick of having to take everything out to stoke the fire! Then went to a standup with a full length door...love it!

Now I just picked up a Brinkman Professional with the firebox on the side. The guy hasn't used it for 4 years sold it to me for 50 bucks. Anybody have any opinion of this one. This will be my first try with the indirect heat and I figure what better time then the holiday weekend!

I've had great experiences smoking and some not so great! Did you ever hear 6 dozen eggs explode in your smoker? Never let your drunk cousin stoke the fire!! LMAO!! He put every piece of smoking wood in that I had!!!!
icon_eek.gif

Welcome aboard!! I myself have never used that type of smoker, but I know some of the fine folks here will be able to help you out!

Thanks for the hearty welcome! I've been browsing here so I can see there is a lot of good smokin knowledge here!

Shellbellc it was funnier then hell! I'm gonna give those eggs a try again when he's not around!

Thanks BBQ Bubba! In Tiffin Oh you can just about get it at every watering hole! Been suckin it down since I was a kid! Glad I found this place already picked up some good ideas!!

Thanks Buddy!

Not really...I know I will. I was wondering if anybody had used the smoker I just picked up though. Whether the results were good or bad...I have read where you have to be carefull with the hot spot by the box.

I take it back...does anybody know how long to smoke those damn eggs? The ones that didn't explode didn't pick up much smoke flavoring. I was told when done right they have a nice smokey flavor.

Thanks Marvin! Love that rig in your avatar!! I'm not sure what my neighbors would think of that in my yard! They already just love....my two smokers sitting there!! LMAO!! They can kiss my butt!!! I'm sure I'll be hitting you guys up for some assistance!

Really it is not so much about how good a smoker works as it is how good the cook can work the smoker. Best thing to do is try and try again. Find out how she likes to work and work around the smoker instead of trying to get her to behave a certain way.

Thanks again to all of you for the warm welcome! The more I read in this forum the more excited I get about this weekend! I'm getting everything around to do some smoked baby swiss and I'm trying to decide what kind of beef roast I want to smoke! Around here the price of a brisket is absolutely rediculous! Still may try those damn eggs again! LOL!

Hey shorts- I didn't know that they still made Strohs! Nice to see that it's still around. I had my first Strohs when I was stationed at Ft. Ben Harrison for training!

Anyhoo-back to the topic at hand, check out the Charcoal and Wood Burner forums-there are some modifications that you can do to your smoker to make her perform better such as extending the smokestack into the food chamber, etc.

Enjoy SMF!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky