Hello from Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sigma man

Original poster
Sep 9, 2006
North Central Texas
I am new to the forum but expect to collect some very valuable information here. I am new to smoking. I have a Great Outdoors propane smoker which has a chip box and a liquid container.

Thanks for allowing me to be here.

SM

Welcome Sigma Man,

I too have a GOSM. Check out the Propane Smoker part of the forum. It helped me answer questions that I had about ways to use my smoker. Please also consider taking Jeff's 5-Day E-Course on smoking basics.

Ask lots of questions. The folks here know smokin', and take care to give you answers based on their experience.

Regards,

Meowey

Happy you found us, Sigma Man! I, too, Have a GOSM Gasser and I love it. As Meowey also advised take a look at Jeff's free course.

In the meantime, get comfy and read through a few threads that interest you. You will be amazed at the trasure trove of information we have available here!

Cheers!

Welcome Sigma Man,

I am just up the river from you in Oklahoma. You are in the right place. I got a GOSM not too long ago and found this forum. I have learned alot here from everyone. I have meatloaf on as we speek. I hope its ready in time for the Texas kickoff!

Howdy and Welcome to SMF Sigma Man. Just another GOSM guy that had to sound of and give a welcome. Lot's of info here on smoking and your GOSM so take advatage of it and enjoy your stay.

Welcome! Where 'bouts in North Central Texas does ya hang yer hat? I'm currently in Irving, Tx myself...

James.

That's 4 of us in Texas... I say we meet in the middle and have a party!!

Welcome Sigma Man!! Lots of good helpful folks here!

Sigma Man, Welcome to Smoking Meat Forums. I use the GOSM myself and currently have a brisket flat and two turkey breast in the smoker.

You'll find lot's of great info here and folks that will be glad to help you along.

Enjoy-

Welcome my new friend.

i too am from north central texas. lewisville to be exact. great place to be for some good Q'

that would be cool if a few of us got together and had either a small cook off or just a get together and shared some of our delicious creations.

makes me want to go buy a nice size plot of land to hold the event.

Welcome SM, glad you joined us. You have found a nice place to get all you need to wrangle that smoker into submission! Enjoy!

I've got in-laws in Lewisville... Well I did until last week. They are moving to Grapevine... A get together would be cool. We could do it someplace close, maybe next spring or if your willing to drive about 1 1/2 hours, my in-laws have a big ol' patch of land out in Lipan... of we could make it a weekend of beer drinknig, lie telling and Q cooking out at a co-workers acreage in Will's Point... If ya want, we can work on something like that.

There are a couple of other Forums that I'm on that have annual Q-fests/bashes, but I have not had the opporunity to attend...

Lemme know!
James.

I'm from Michigan so it might be hard to get my smoker there but I would love to take a little vacation in Texas and enjoy some good eats. Let me know if this happens

James im game anytime. make it a pot luck type event. if they have acreage then maybe i could pitch a tent? i hate to drink and drive, after 3 beers i have to pee, then every beer after, it takes too long to get home with all that stoping.

you let me know when you would like to do it, fall, winter, spring, summer, falter, wiring what ever is good for me.

Sounds like it could be a ton o fun.... The in-laws have plenty of space for tents as does the other place I mentioned. My co-workers place is where we all congragate for our annual company party. Learn a lot about folks you work with when you start feeding them barley pops and takillya shooters...

Now, it will be at least next spring 'fore I could even think about getting this on the calendar. Will be out of town no less than 2 weeks a month until end of March and all of my other weekends are taken up with family stuff.

But hey! That would only give us some time to plan!

Here is a picture taken in da in-laws 'yard'...
Dscn0251.jpg

Here is looking the other way.
Dscn0483.jpg

and the ummm... Lodge....
Dscn0249.jpg

that looks awsome!!!!! just let me know what time you are thinking and ill be good. ill start thinking of a way to make a smoked brisket beer so we can kill two birds with one stone. baked bean beer, chicken beer, corn on the cob beer. not sure about the patato salad beer, but we will see, smoked bread pudding beer

Well, Buzzard... I assign you the task of reminding me of this thread sometime around the end of the year... ya know in a couple of months or so. Who knows, if work lets up and we don't get a sub zero winter, maybe we can do it sometime this winter. I know a few fellas that wouldn't mind coming out, drinking beer and eating Q!

I'll run it by Dad-n-law...

James.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky