Hello from SC

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by sdsacr, Jul 12, 2008.

1. I have been lurking around for a few months and finally got around to registering. First I must say that the advice on here has really taken my smoking to the next level. I have been smoking on and off for about 4 years. I started with a hand me down Brinkmann electric. I think the electric element had seen better days as it did not hold temp very well, and nevermind the fact I had not heard of using a probe thermometer. Anyway, my meat never came out the way I wanted. So this past May I bought a 30" MES and with what I have read on this sight, the meat has improved immensely.
    I did two 7.5# pork butts last Saturday. I followed the "basic pulled pork" sticky along with SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce and everything came out great. I foiled at 165, and kept cooking to 195, and then rested in a cooler for an hour. The pork just about fell apart when I started pulling. Also, the plateau is no joke, as my butts stayed around 170 for about 90 minutes before they started climbing again.
    Thanks for everything so far, and I look forward to more great meat!

2. welcome to the smf good to have you on board

3. cman95

cman95 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. This is THE place to be.

4. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome SD. Be careful smoking, friends may never leave.

5. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you are doing a great job with your new smoker.[​IMG]

6. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Glad you joined us!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

7. chadpole

chadpole Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome aboard the SMF. We will be looking forward to your experience and advise you may have. Just post a question and there are lots of good people to answer your questions. Good luck and happy smoking.

8. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Glad to have you here. Welcome

9. gooose53

gooose53 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF!! Rock Hill is my old stomping grounds....graduated from RHHS in 1972.

10. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Greetings SD from SC!
    I am getting there one day....darn good que by you!! I look fwd to getting some SC bbq tips from ya!
    Happy smokes

11. Happy smokes to you.

12. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the smf.....................Glad you found us..................

13. reddog

reddog Fire Starter

Well Welcome, glad you found us![​IMG]