Hello from NW Oregon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alan123

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
Hello all! I been lurking here for many months and enjoy the place enough I'd better man up and get involved. I still consider my self very much a rookie with meats, newbie if you want. I made some great smoke chicken, been doing smoked salmon for years, I guess it never clicked I could put other things in the smoker other than salmon. Played around with breakfast sausage until I developed a recipe I like well enough to put in my file. Have also made a few other types of sausages. I do pretty good with hog casings but have thrown plenty of sheep casings away, then I discovered collagen casings and do okay with those. I've done a few Canadian bacons in a 10 day brine and smoked...... Another recipe that's a keeper. Oh and I have ruined two briskest so far.

Anyway I just wanted to say hello and keep the pics coming!

Alan

Welcome from another Oregonian! We're in the very south end of the Willamette valley. I'm also just learning and these guys are so willing to share what they know and can help you out of any jam. It's been really fun to get to know them. Hope to see more of you around here!

Patti

Howdy Alan! This is a great site with a wealth of information! Don't be afraid to ask questions and please share your smokes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky