Hello From Nor Cal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kaptn35

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
Roanoke
Fremont Ca here and a newbie to smoking....Dont have a smoker yet but that should be soon. I got into making pulled pork via oven and now want to venture the Smoking Way!

Jenn Aire Grill 60K BTU is my grill

Welcome Kaptn, grab a cold one and jump into the fray. nothing beats pulled pork unless it is smoked brisket, or Smoked Ribs. I even like smoked appetizers, and a good home smoked chicken.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask them.

Welcome Kaptn, glad you're here. This is definately the place to learn a lot and get lots of great ideas, no matter what kind of smoker you wind up with. Download the 5-day smoking course that is on this site - it's a great place to start. Ask lots of questions, read the posts, and you will have a ball.

I have been checking these posts out for months now.

I went looking for some Brisket at Coscto out here in Cali but they dont have any...:(

guess I will have to find a local butcher somewhere out here close by.

Did you ask the butcher at costco? They might be willing to order one (or a few
wink.gif
)for you if you ask. Good luck and happy smoking!

I asked her if they had any beef briskets but she said no....sometimes they do she said but its been awhile.

Welcome Kaptn35 from another noob here.. My wife grew up in Fremont. Graduated from Fremont high. I grew un in SoCal and both of us ended up here in Arizona..

Just got a GOSM for Christmas and I am looking forward to lighting it up about mid-January since I have to care for my mom for a few weeks.

Happy smoking and I'm looking forward to reading your posts..

Paul

Welcome to the forum kaptn35. You'll find a wealth of info here, along with some of the best food and people. I'm up late tonight with a brisket smoke myself. Hope Santa is good to ya this year and Good Luck

Welcome to SMF kaptn35. Glad you decided to join us. I look forward to your posts in the forums. If you like that oven pulled pork are you in for a treat.

We love it when a lurker decides to join the SMF family, kaptn. You hang with us and you'll be hanging with the best. Folks here will help you become the best pitmaster in your neighborhood-all you gotta do is read the forums and ask questions. The adage "The only dumb question is the question that you don't ask" applies here. You will get a reply by way of a (or several) detailed answer or someone will post a link where your question has been asked and a reply given. Best of luck on this new and addicting hobby.

Enjoy!!

Well just put in a order at Walmart for the GOSM Big Block. I am waiting for that email that says......your order has come in and is ready for pickup!!!

funny, I have been cooking ribs via oven and grill and wife saw on food network some ribs with some slow cooked meat and she said it looked good. So she gave me the go ahead to get one. I was holding out because I am thinking of relocating outside of california and didn't want another toy to trek along with me.

well got the email yesterday that the smoker is ready for pickup.....I am going to pick it up this evening. I read all these forums about seasing in it first so if anyone has any advice on the best ways to do it let me know.

I think the first thing I am going to try is Dutch's Sausage stuffed Pork Lion. I have always wanted to taste that and never done one yet.....hopefully there is time this weekend to try it.

Kaptn,

Welcome. The GOSM is a good smoker. We have it in the gasser mode and it has been very, very good. Thought I saw that you are a Lions fan? Have you got Michigan connections?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky