Hello from Iowa!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

inkitchenwjenny

Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
Ran across this site while searching country butt rib issues.

I am a SAHM mom who runs the smoker and the grill. I also have a food blog I maintained for a while and life threw a new house (we built) and a special needs young adult daughter who is no longer in school that is home full-time.

I know just enough to be dangerous. The best things I make in the smoker are whole turkey, our own bacon, pulled pork and ribs. I have also dabbled in making our own ham from fresh "ham" roast. My husband likes salmon and I make that for him. I have also done corned beef for pastrami. Oh and yesterday, smoked mac and cheese (oh-em-gee! as the kids say.)

I have a huge beef brisket in the freezer that I got an awesome sale on and I haven't dared to thaw it out and work it yet. Maybe this summer.

My husband says I am not longer allowed to buy bacon from the store unless I need it in a dish that is going to a potluck. They get the store stuff. LOL

Thanks for having me!
Jenny

bacon.png

Welcome from Nova Scotia

Glad you joined and this place will be here with all the questions you might come up with.
Lots of folks with lots of info on most everything, and a little fun a long the way

David

Welcome from another Iowan Jenny! Glad you joined us... lots of great people here to learn from! What part of Iowa are you from? Nw corner here.

Ryan

Welcome from NE Iowa. This is a great site. Lots of knowledge.

Welcome from SE ID Jenny… some top notch folks on this site! Sounds like you will fit in just fine!

Welcome from Wisconsin. Quite a few folks on here make their own bacon. It is far superior to any store bought bacon I have tried, with the exception Neuskes.

🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓

Lots of great folks and advice to be had here.

JC :emoji_cat:

Welcome from Wisconsin. Quite a few folks on here make their own bacon. It is far superior to any store bought bacon I have tried, with the exception Neuskes.

🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓

Lots of great folks and advice to be had here.

JC :emoji_cat:
Definitely something everyone should try to make. It's not hard and yes, so much better than the store stuff. Slicing was the tricky part with my little one but then my husband bought me a huge, takes up the counter(and 2 to carry,) meat slicer that cuts through it like butter. Whatever thickness we like. Lucked out on finding a scratch and dent that did not affect the performance and took a chunk (LOL) out of the price.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky